Maybe I'm crazy or painfully shy, but these scars wouldn't be so hidden if you would just look me in the eye
*Cut by Plumb*
She breathes in, she breathes out, she wakes up and lays down. She can hardly speak and so she screams
*Manic by Plumb*
Obliterate the day I was born. Blank out the night I was conceived! Let it be a black hole in space. May God above forget it ever happened. Erase it from the books! ... Why didn't I die at birth, my first breath out of the womb my last? ... I could be resting in peace right now, asleep forever, feeling no pain. ... What's the point of life when it doesn't make sense, when God blocks all the roads to meaning? ... No rest for me, ever - death has invaded life ... There's nothing to my life - it's nothing but smoke ... Somehow, though he moves right in front of me, I don't see him; quietly but surely he's active, and I miss it ... I can't stand my life - I hate it! I'm putting it all out on the table, all the bitterness of my life - I'm holding back nothing ... I wish I'd never lived - a stillborn, buried without ever having breathed ... My spirit is broken, my days used up, my grave dug and waiting ... I can hardly see from crying so much; I'm nothing but skin and bones ... Why do you insist on putting me down, using my troubles as a stick to beat me? ... He destroyed my reputation, robbed me of all self-respect. He tore me apart piece by piece - I'm ruined! Then he yanked my out hope by the roots ... What hope do people without God have when life is cut short? When God puts an end to life? ... God always answers, one way or another, even when people don't recognize his presence.
*Excerpts from Job, The Message*
*Cut by Plumb*
She breathes in, she breathes out, she wakes up and lays down. She can hardly speak and so she screams
*Manic by Plumb*
Obliterate the day I was born. Blank out the night I was conceived! Let it be a black hole in space. May God above forget it ever happened. Erase it from the books! ... Why didn't I die at birth, my first breath out of the womb my last? ... I could be resting in peace right now, asleep forever, feeling no pain. ... What's the point of life when it doesn't make sense, when God blocks all the roads to meaning? ... No rest for me, ever - death has invaded life ... There's nothing to my life - it's nothing but smoke ... Somehow, though he moves right in front of me, I don't see him; quietly but surely he's active, and I miss it ... I can't stand my life - I hate it! I'm putting it all out on the table, all the bitterness of my life - I'm holding back nothing ... I wish I'd never lived - a stillborn, buried without ever having breathed ... My spirit is broken, my days used up, my grave dug and waiting ... I can hardly see from crying so much; I'm nothing but skin and bones ... Why do you insist on putting me down, using my troubles as a stick to beat me? ... He destroyed my reputation, robbed me of all self-respect. He tore me apart piece by piece - I'm ruined! Then he yanked my out hope by the roots ... What hope do people without God have when life is cut short? When God puts an end to life? ... God always answers, one way or another, even when people don't recognize his presence.
*Excerpts from Job, The Message*
No comments:
Post a Comment