My church has started a discussion recently on the mystery of God and what that entails - what is expected as a response from us. To me mystery can be scary - it is hard to place trust in something or someone that is unknown - at least it is for me - how can I be sure. Maybe that is part of the journey and the growth of faith - being stretched by trusting the unknown. I would rather place my trust in something that is seen - something that is tangible - yet that is what got the Israelites in trouble while Moses was receiving the 10 Commandments. They wanted a God that they could see and touch - something that seems like common sense to us but a huge insult to God. Maybe that is what faith is - its not common sense -at least not in the way that we consider common sense. Is that really a bad thing though? Now-a-days common sense doesn't seem very common. I have family and friends that try to wrap their mind around my faith in God that they can't see - very much a mystery. What kind of relationship can that be - yet it is the most significant relationship that someone could have. I know that I probably would not be here if it was not for God's hand in my life - one way or another - yet I can't explain my faith when I struggle with seeing God's presence in my life. A mystery that I wonder if we are ever supposed to understand.
Yet a part of me is stirred within the mystery and wanting to see what that mystery reveals. I don't think that it is ever possible to fully understand the mystery of God when He is infinite - cause if He is infinite then can His mystery ever end? Yet is it up to us to enjoy the adventure of God's mystery and to understand what we can - being ever spurned on to try and learn more since we can never know too much of God? A never ending story of love, passion and mystery - isn't that what makes a good story that we can all enjoy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment